5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Paragraphs and page breaks within tables (Word97SR2)

I have a two-column table that extends over several pages, and I want to prevent paragraphs being broken across page breaks. I've tried various combinations of the options [Table>Cell height & width>allow row to break across pages] and [Format>Paragraph>Line & page breaks>Widow & orphan control, Keep lines together, Keep with next], but either one of the paragraphs within a row is allowed to break across a page, or the entire row containing several paragraphs is moved to the next page to prevent any of the paragraphs within it from being broken across the page break. I don't mind table rows being broken across a page, I just want it to occur *between* paragraphs rather than *within* paragraphs. Is this possible?

Thanks

Re: Paragraphs and page breaks within tables (Word97SR2)

Why not start a new row in the table with each paragraph? (Just start a new row, don't hit the return key.) That way, if you then use the 'don't allow row to break' option, you will achieve what you want. The fact that the table has a lot of rows need not be visible on the printed page - you could for example have borders down the sides of the columns, but not across between the rows. See sample attached.

Ian
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Re: Paragraphs and page breaks within tables (Word97SR2)

Keep lines together, allow row to break across pages, should do it.