Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Customizing Sound Events In XP

<!post=xp,117936>Post 117936<!/post>
    <!post=xp,118813>Post 118813<!/post>

In my posts on the Windows XP board, I'm conveying my desire to have a program that WORKS in XP, which allows a user to add program event sounds to programs of your choosing. Like for example, when I start or close NoteTabLite, I want to be able to go to Control Panel's Sounds app and add a sound to those events. I know how to modify the registry directly in Win98 or WinME but that patch doesn't work in XP. I have also found three freeware or shareware programs that do that customizing, but they also don't work in XP. The programs are called Sound Association, Desktop Sound Designer and Program Sounds. I've tried with no success to contact the authors of those programs. If anyone spots something like this that works in Windows XP, I'd appreciate a reply to this post, or an email. Thanks!

Al

University of Kentucky
    Roundball
    9-5; 19-7
    Go Cats!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Customizing Sound Events In XP

Update. I just received an email finally from the author of Sound Association who said that it isn't possible under WinNT/2000/XP to do what I'm asking. I'm hoping that he's wrong and that someone will come up with the answer. Even my three year old Quicken 99 added sound events to the registry of XP that work. So did Hot Dog Pro editor, and so on.....

Well, I'll keep watching.....

Al