New Lounger
    Thanks

Error: 195 (OE 5.50)

I'm trying to insert a picture into an Outlook Express message. I've followed all the steps, I think, in setting the format to Rich Text (HTML) and checking the Send Pictures With Message on the menu. I get the insert picture dialog box, select or type in the source and click Okay. I always get a popup error message which reads:

An error has occurred in this dialog.
    Error: 195
    'undefined' is null or not an object

I've searched the Microsoft Knowledge Base, the Outlook Express help file, and this forum but can't find any clue to what's happening. It doesn't make any difference whether I fill in all the blanks on the insert picture dialog or leave all but the source blank. I get the same results on my computer at work, so I don't think it's some setting specific to my computer at home. If it makes any difference, I'm running Win98 at home and WinNT at work.

I did finally find a knowledge base article on the error message, but it only applies to Outlook 2000 running under Windows 2000. It's article Q311750 and gives a workaround for Outlook but not for Outlook Express. It describes the problem occurring if you are running Office SP-2 and then upgrade IE to 5.5 SP-2. I'm not running Office SP-2, but am running IE 5.5 SP-2.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error: 195 (OE 5.50)

Hi, can't remember where I found the answer but it worked for me...
    At internet explorer go to tools>ie options>security>restricted sites>custom
    then "enable" drag &drop, copy & paste (it should be the only one that is enabled to keep your security settings secure)

Thanks

Re: Error: 195 (OE 5.50)

As suggested by the last poster, experiment with the security setting described in <!post=Post #108311,108311>Post #108311<!/post>, and review the rest of the earlier thread regarding the security issue.