Lounger
    Thanks

Disabling On Board Video To Install New Card

Hi. Need a little advice from someone on installing a new PCI 2D/3D Accelerator Card. My Micro ATX Motherboard 200/266 Bus Speed with an Athlon 1GHZ chip came with integrated video capabilities. I was having problems installing some games as it couldn't find an accelerator card so I bought a new Nvideo 64Mg PCI Graphics Accelerator. It has been suggested that I may need to disable the on board video either on the board or in the bios. Does anybody know is that the case or not? My motherboard documentation came on a CD and I have not been able to locate anything that suggests enabling or disabling video and the bios setting seems to be on EGA/VGA and I don't see any other likely settings there. Also, before installing should I set the video driver to Standard Video Driver? Some help would be much appreciated before I dig in. Thanks. Taos99

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Disabling On Board Video To Install New Card

I had to do the same thing when I installed a new video card.

On the desktop, right click My Computer and select Properties, then select the Device Manager tab. Select Display Adapters, then double click on your on-board display adapter. You should see a General tab on which you can check 'Disable in this hardware profile'. That should do it. These instructions are for Windows 95, but Windows 98 should be pretty close to the same.