Thread: mouse problems

New Lounger
    Thanks

mouse problems

Whenever I double click to open a file it opens another little menu & I have to click open. Right clicking does not work & drop & drag things does not work. I dont know what is causing this problem. Any help?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: mouse problems

You might try re-installing your mouse drive. It sounds like your registry might be corrupted or you have a hosed-up .dll. Re-installing the driver should take care of those problems.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I reinstalled the driver & now I can use the left side of the mouse but the right click no matter which setting I use just seems to be screwed up. Do you think I just need a new mouse. This one is only about 6 weeks old.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I've had similar problems with a Genius NetScroll+ Mouse (non-cordless? version) in Win95b. Anywhere that I left-clicked on the desktop brought up the right-click menu. This would then go away after a reboot.

Downloading more recent drivers worked for me, although I had to use MS IntelliPoint instead of Genius' own drivers. You might also like to check in Control Panel just to make sure your mouse isn't configured for left-handed use if you're right handed (and vice versa).