con-con

Most Current date in a query

I am running a query with an ID that returns multiple records with different dates/times. However, I only want the most current date/time. For the date/time field on the query grid, how do I specify most current date/time?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Most Current date in a query

Within the query use the totals and select first in the total field to select the first date which should give you the most recent date. If this presents you with more records it is because of the rest of the criteria.

In this case do a query just selecting the first date and link this query to the first.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Make sure you sort the query by date descending, or the first date will not neccesarily be the most recent date.
    Charlotte

PatriciaWilliams

If you just want a single record return, then use the "Totals" symbol (the backwards "E") while in the design interface, and select your ID field and your date. Leave the ID fld as "group by", and chose "max" in place of "group by" for your date fld. This should give you the single most recent date for a particular ID (one record if you're filtering for ID or only have one ID).
    thx
    Pat