Thread: GRAPHS (97-SR2)

New Lounger
    Thanks

GRAPHS (97-SR2)

I have a line graph (6 data series). I would like to add one more data series in bar format plotted against a y-axis on the right hand side. The original six data series are to remain as lines plotted against the left y-axis. I have tried using custom types (line-column 2 axis) without success.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: GRAPHS (97-SR2)

Right Click on your chart and select 'Source Data'

On the Series tab, select 'add'
    Add the series using the name and values fields on the right of the list box. Ignore the X axis labels for now.

Then press OK, You now have a new line on your graph.
    Then select the new line and right click on it. Select 'chart type' and then use the the standard method to sleect bar/column as you prefer.
    Press OK.

Then sleect your new bar/column in the chart and right click again and select 'Format Data Series'.
    On the Axis tab then sleect 'plot series on secondary axis'.

Hit OK and you should now have waht you want.
    If you want to play with the x axis for your secondary series - go back to the start of the above instructions for source data. When you edit it now there should be an extra x-axis filed for the secondary axis that you can fiddle with.

I hope the above is clear.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: GRAPHS (97-SR2)

Sorry that it took so long to reply, my internet connection was out to lunch. This is basically the same as Kieran
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>