New Lounger
    Thanks

Weird Font Spacing (2000 SR-1)

I recently upgraded my work PC to a Dell 1.7 Ghz system running XP Pro for the OS, and MS Office 2000.
    When I print to a networked HP4si with a common font (Times New Roman 12 pt), however, the spacing on a line is messed up.

What looks like this in Word:
    Hi there, how are you?

Prints something like this:
    Hit here, h ow are y ou?

One other user has with the same setup has the same problem, another does not. This problem does not cause a line to break differently, but the spacing is messed up within the line. Print preview gives no indication of this problem.

I've done some searching on this site, but did not find the answer. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    thanks!

Thanks

Re: Weird Font Spacing (2000 SR-1)

What printer driver is used on the three computers? It sounds like a font substitution or corrupted font problem.

Are there any documents in which this doesn't happen? If so, what are the print-related compatibility settings for good vs. problem documents? (See Tools, Options..., Compatibility; WD2000: Description of the Compatibility Tab in Options Dialog Box for Word 2000 (Q193266))

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Weird Font Spacing (2000 SR-1)

Thanks for your response!!!
    The printer driver is for an HP4si.

I did a little more playing, and this does not happen to MOST documents. Actually, we have only been able to reproduce on Times New Roman 12. Times New Roman 11 on the same document prints fine!
    There is nothing under font substitution, and I use all the recommended options for Microsoft Word.
    No change in compatibility setting - only a change in the font size.