New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook freezing. Can't run. Please help (Outlook 2000 / Office 2000 Premium)

Hello everybody [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

My outlook has gave up on me.

I try to start the aplication and i get nothing but a splash screen.

the app does not show not responding in CTRL/ALT/DEL but i have tried leaving it for an hour with nothing happening.
    i have also tried the reinstall/repair option with office-it freezes at the last stage with the progress bar almost at the end-again i have tried leaving this for more than an hour-still the same and still does not show not responding.
    tried removing office and re-installing-same thing-setup freezes at the last stage with progress bar almost at the end.(everything seems to install except outlook-also when i use outlook express, which works fine, it cannot import the mail account settings as it says it cannot find any)
    tried searching microsoft site found nothing that helped me-something that sounded like my prob but it was if you had DNS enabled and i dont.

Any ideas?

I'm on Win98se using Office 2000 Premium.

Thank you for your help.

Helpless

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook freezing. Can't run. Please help (Outlook 2000 / Office 2000 P

Hello,

Sorry to seem a bit impatient...but can anyone help me with this? I can't make Outlook respond. I don't what else to do [img]/forums/images/smilies/sad.gif[/img]

Thank you for reading

Helpless

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook freezing. Can't run. Please help (Outl

This sounds very like this thread which was started a couple of days ago. Have you tried robbyh's first solution (post 118647) or MaryJ's suggestion (post 119945) - which seems to have solved that thread completely.

HTH
    Gre

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook freezing. Can't run. Please help (Outl

Thank you unkamunka...renaming the files did the trick...thank you once again [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Helpless