New Lounger
    Thanks

Canceling 1 instance of a recurring mtg(OL2K SR-1)

I have a recurring meeting set up as something of a placeholder. The meeting itself gets cancelled about half the time because there is no agenda. When I decide to cancel the meeting I go through the Outlook sequence of Action->Cancel Meeting->Just this occurrence->Cancel meeting and send cancellation

However, I get an "unable to edit a meeting in the past" error message and no cancellation is sent. The meeting is not deleted from my calendar, etc.

I have checked the dates on the meeting, and the occurrence I was trying to cancel was in the future. Any ideas why Outlook it behaving this way?

Thanks,
    Russ

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Canceling 1 instance of a recurring mtg(OL2K SR-1)

Sounds to me like you've got some corruption. Below are a couple of ideas, but I'd wait to here from others before trying them.

1) A corrupted item. Try deleting the item and all its instances. Then recreate it.

2) A corrupted calendar (if #1 doesn't work). You'll have to backup up your calendar data, delete the calendar folder, then recreate it by starting Outlook with the /resetfolders switch. The specific steps are listed in article Q189841 on the MS knowledgebase. Good luck!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Canceling 1 instance of a recurring mtg(OL2K SR-1)

Thanks! I'll try both...

Regards,
    Russ