New Lounger
    Thanks

Paste / Paste Special / Other? (Word 2000)

I'm trying to copy information from an existing document (with an old template) and paste it into a new documents (with a new template). The problem is that I just want the text. I don't want all the headers and footers and page setup. I was wondering if there's any easy way to do this. I tried paste special (rtf), but the headers and footers still come. Any ideas

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Paste / Paste Special / Other? (Word 2000)

If the document has only one section, you can do this by selecting, copying and pasting everything but the last paragraph marker. That last paragraph marker contains all the section formatting information, including things like headers and footers, margins, etc. If it's a multi-section document, you may need to copy it section by section, excluding the section break markers and the last paragraph marker of the last section.

Lee Morgan

Super Moderator
    Thanks

If all you want is the text, and don't care about losing formatting, then why not just use PasteSpecial > Unformatted Text?

Gary

Super Moderator
    Thanks

A quick way to remove all the section breaks from the document BEFORE you do the Copy is to run a search and replace looking for a ^b and replace it with a ^p or nothing.

That way you can copy and paste the contents without the headers and footers coming too.

Deleting the section breaks after the paste will work too but the logic of why it does will seem a little obscure.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia