New Lounger
    Thanks

Making executable? (Access 2000)

I have a database that up to this point has been used by one user locally. I am in process of making a few modifications and then I will make it available to a number of users on the network. Not all of these users have Access. My intention is to make an executable file. Does anyone have any words of wisdom regarding any pitfalls I may encounter? Any guidance or moral support would be greatly apprieciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Mark

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Making executable? (Access 2000)

There is no way to make an executable form an Access application.
    The only thing you could do is make a MDE database from a MDB database.
    This will prevent users from modifying your form and report design and protect your code, but tables will still be available.
    If you have Office 2000 Developer Edition you can distribute the run time version of Access to you users, otherwise, they will have to install the full version if it.
    Francois

New Lounger
    Thanks

I'm sorry I didn't state my intentions very clearly. I do intend to purchase the Developer's edition. This is where I am a bit unclear of what to expect.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Well unless you're running Citrix or Terminal Server, all you can do is put the Setup on the network for them to use in installing the runtime to their individual machines. I would also recommend that you invest in an installer program like Wise Installer or InstallShield. The Packaging and Deployment Wizard that comes with Office Developer and VB Pro is lousy.
    Charlotte