New Lounger
    Thanks

2002 corrupts 2000 secured db?

Has anyone seen behavior like this?

I swear there is something buggy about Access 2002 - I keep getting corruption in a "two part" database that I have implemented security on. (Database is in 2000 format). I've had to at least twice recreate the "front-end" .mdb file and import all the components into a brand new database since Compact/Repair doesn't repair and also the JetComp utility gives an error.

It's got to the point where I don't want to use Access 2002 on a 2000 database. It really seems like it is not a problem unless the database is secured, since I use 2002 against other 2000 databases w/o incident.

Also, if I go to my other PC (Win 98 and Access 2000, no Access 2002) and work on the same database it is fine.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: 2002 corrupts 2000 secured db?

I have also seen some strange things with Access 2002 working on Access 2K databases. I presume you don't have both 2000 and 2002 installed on the PC that is giving you trouble - if you do there are several threads describing problems with a later version of the VB6 dll that apparently cause lots of grief. Again, assuming you don't have that situation, you might try installing SP1 of Office XP. MS doesn't confess to fixing anything of significance in Access, but they frequently fix things that don't appear on the fix list. If you gain any additional insight on what's causing the problem, please post it for the rest of us.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2002 corrupts 2000 secured db?

You presume correctly that I do not have Access 2000 installed. However, I do have Access 97 installed. Could this be that there is also the same problem that you mention? I have already installed OfficeXP SP-1 Thanks for the reply....