2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sticky Printer Options

I'm running Win2K using network printers. When I print somthing to one of these printers it seems to remember whether I last printed in portrait or landscape. This is one feature I wish they'd left out. I generaly print in portrait and tend to assume that's the way the printer is set but if the last time I used a printer I printed in portrait and it's been some time I may not remember so I get my "Portrait" document printed in landscape. Is there some way to set some default so it always resets the options?

Thanks
    Thanks,

C DeWitt

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sticky Printer Options

I was fairly certain this was application controlled. Have you updated the printer drivers on your system? Does this happen with ALL network printers? And what is the printing application?
    -Mark

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sticky Printer Options

Unfortunatly the printer drivers are out of my control. The IT people here have decided it's better if they provide these as part of your network connection so they don't need to install them on everyones machine and if they want to update they only need to update the server.

The down side is it needs to reload everytime you change printers and you can't set your own defaults.

Strange as it seems though, it (something) remembers if I last printed to that printer portrait or landscape, one sided or duplex. It happens with all network printers. I hadn't thought about it being application dependent, I'd need to watch more criticaly, but think I've had it switch between applications.

Thanks
    Thanks,

C DeWitt