New Lounger
    Thanks

Viewing a PowerPoint Presentation (5.5)

I get different results on two different machines, loaded basically with the same versions of IE 5 and PowerPoint. On one machine, when I click on a link to a Powerpoint presentation it opens in a new window complete with the tool bars at the top (I can print from there). On the other machine, when I click on the link to the presentation it opens in a new window with absolutely no window controls ( I can't print, save, etc.). I have looked for differences in the settings for both the browser and PowerPoint and I just don't find the answers. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Viewing a PowerPoint Presentation (5.5)

No clue as to why they open differently, but <Ctrl>N in the no-controls window will open a new copy of the document with toolbars. Alternatively, you can right-click on the window to print, etc. What OS and version of PowerPoint do you have? --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Viewing a PowerPoint Presentation (5.5)

Sam, thanks for the response. I can't wait to get to the other machine to give it a try. The machine I'm on opens the fully functional IE window, but when I try the right mouse click and print it crashes my PowerPoint and I have to restart Windows to clean it up. I am using Windows 2000 and PowerPoint from Office 2000. Thanks again for the help.

Mike