New Lounger
    Thanks

Template for Calendar Event? (Outlook 2000)

I want to create a template for an event that will be sent to all of the people in my company. We are on an exchange server. Essentially, I want to send a template that they can use to create a new event when they are out of the office. I need the event to have features such as "All Day Event", no reminder, and time set as free, that kind of thing.

I tried to attach an event to an e-mail and send it but it would not allow modification and would not allow the person who received it to send.

Can anyone think of a creative way to do a template like this? Thank you in advance for your assistance, my boss will be very pleased! [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

-Cynthia

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Template for Calendar Event? (Outlook 2000)

Just so I understand--does this scenario fit what you want to do?

A user is going to be out of the office for a week. Rather than simply put that information on her own calendar, she wants to send a calendar item to all of the other people in your office indicating that she'll be out. And you are trying to create a template to do that (rather than use a meeting request, you want it to be an appointment item).

Is that correct?

klyjen

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Template for Calendar Event? (Outlook 2000)

Yes, instead of using a Meeting Request, I thought it would be better to use an event and send that event to other people's calendars. A template would be nice because even though we have written instructions on how to create an Out Of Office event, people keep creating events as "busy" and sending them to upper management, and then people try to schedule meetings and see that the management are busy.

I thought it would be simpler if I could create a standard event template that had selections already made, like show time as free and don't send a response and things like that.

If you can find another, better way to do this I am flexible. [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] Thank you.