4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Continuous Form Question (97/SR2)

Hi all,

I have a continuous form sorted descending by date, is there any way of getting the new record box to appear at the top of the list instead of at the bottom?
    Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Continuous Form Question (97/SR2)

The only way I see, would be to add the new record with the sorting criteria by code, and requery the form.
    Francois

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Even is a form sorted in descending order, the pending new record is always at the bottom. It hasn't been saved yet, so it can't be sorted.

If you want to enter a new record at the top, put a series of unbound controls in the form header so that they look like one of the continuous records. Allow the user to enter data into the unbound controls and then when they either click a Save button or tab out of the last control, use code to write the data into the fields of a new record, save it, and clear your unbound controls for the next "new record".
    Charlotte

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your replies. I had a feeling it wouldn't be a simple option somewhere. I could remember seeing it in an old database, but didn't get a chance to look at the design, and the database has been archived off somewhere (oblivion probably!). Thanks for your help, i'll now go and put it into practice!