New Lounger
    Thanks

Caching problem?

I have a page with several links to contract ID's. When the user clicks on the ID it runs the following function which loads an ASP page which returns details on that ID. This all works fine. The problem is that if I minimize the returned page, and then click on the same ID on my original page, it won't bring the returned page window to the front of the screen, but leaves it minimized. If I choose a different ID it will bring it to the front. I assume this may have something to do with caching, i.e,. it's already returned that page so won't refresh automatically. Can anyone help? (Using IE 4 & 5 only.) Thanks!

function showDetails(contractID) {
    detailsWindow = window.open("ICSDetails.asp?ID=" + contractID,"ContractDetails");
    detailsWindow.focus();
    return false;
    }

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Caching problem?

Actually, I found out the answer, or rather a different approach, I needed myself after posting this by looking in the http://p2p.wrox.com archives. The answer was to use onblur="self.focus()" in the body tag of the returned page.

I had tried using window.showModalDialog() from my original page which should have done essentially what the onblur command did, but I had problems when closing the returned page as it would not return properly to the original page (which itself was an .asp page within a frame).

The <body onblur="self.focus()"> works to keep the returned page "modal" (you can't go anywhere else on your Windows screen without closing the page, which is exactly what I wanted. Just posting this in case it helps anyone else.