Lounger
    Thanks

Need to buy Excel 2000- which version? (2000)

My wife needs Excel 2000 so she can work from home. We have a Dell PC with windows ME, and Office 2000 installed, but it does not have Excel. If I buy Excel 2000, do I just need the upgrade version, since we already have Office, or do I need to purchase a full version? Also, where should I look for a good price on Excel? I tried ZDNet, but they only list 1 vendor for Excel 2000. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Need to buy Excel 2000- which version? (2000)

Are you sure you have Office 2000 ?. I am not aware of any edition of Office that does not include Excel. Access & Powerpoint may not be included in the Smalll Business or Standard editions, but Excel is. Perhaps it was not included in the initial Office install.

Run the Office Setup program and see if you can locate an option to include Excel.

Andrew C

Lounger
    Thanks

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure if we have Office at all. I know we do have Word, and I assumed that meant that we had Office. Would Dell PC's ship without Office?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Dell does not currently offer a standard option to just have Word that I know of. You either get Office with Word and Excel, or nothing at all. I don't know if they have an option that is not listed, or what they offered when you bought the PC. Check the CDs that came with the system and see what you have.
    Legare Coleman

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Dell probably have options that only have MS Works Suite in place of Office, which includes Word but not Excel. If that is the situation, you probably need to purchase a full version of Excel, assuming the spreadsheet included with Works is not suitable.

However, if you can examine the packaging of the Excel upgrade product you should be able to determine the requirements for the upgrade to install, i.e what software you must currently have a licence for.

Andrew C