Thread: Net Folders

Lounger
    Thanks

Net Folders

I have two computers both running Win98 and Office 2000. They are set up with net folders so that one can read the other's calendar, address book and task list. When the server synchronises, four messages appear in the inbox saying that an item in the calendar net folder is above 2Mb and cannot be delivered.

I have run NFClean.exe, uninstalled Outlook, completely removed the net folder files as per MS Kbase Q266732, reinstalled Outlook and net folders and still the message appears. This has been going on for several months.

Does anybody know where the actual net folder information hides so I can zap the #@$$# things?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Net Folders

they are hidden messages within the pst, you need to use a mapi viewer app to see them. look at slipstick for a mapi viewer or use the one on the platform SKD, if you have it.
    do you have something in the calendar that is about 2 mb? if it's just the general warning about updates, move all the itmes out of the calendar but a few hundred, update, then slowly move them back till all are updated.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Net Folders

Found the problem! The calendar was just way too big. I archived everything before 1/1/01 and it worked fine. While poking about I found the *.pst file was 650Mb so I supppose I was always go to hit some sort of Outlook problems. This is a large corporation which instead of using Exchange or Notes has net folders scattered all over the network. Talk about false economy!