New Lounger
    Thanks

Microsoft Graph (Office 2000)

I can't seem to access Microsoft Graph from the Insert/Object Menu. It is not one of the choices listed. Yet in the Office Folder, I see two versions of Microsoft Graph, version 8.0a and Graph 9. How can I get Graph to come up on Word 2000, if it already seems to be in the folder. Do I need to get rid of one? Reinstall? Any ideas accepted. Thanks!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Microsoft Graph (Office 2000)

Not totally sure of what happened. Sounds like your MS Graph didn't get registered in the set of objects available thru Insert Object.

However, in my Word 97, there's an alternative way that gets pretty much the same results. Try Insert | Picture. At the bottom of that menu (on my 97) is a Chart item. If it's not there, check your Customize menu commands. Mine had the ability to add an Insert Chart item.

I tried it both ways. Pretty much the same as far as results go, although Word seems to treat them a little differently from a user-interface perspective.

HTH.

Fred

New Lounger
    Thanks

The chart icon is there but nothing happens when I invoke it. Something isn't working under the hood, here.

Thanks for the reply.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

OK so neither Insert Picture Chart or Insert Object seems to work. I recorded the following macro of me using my Insert Chart that I customized my toolbar with:

<pre>Sub Macro1()
    '
    '
    ActiveDocument.Shapes.AddOLEObject Anchor:=Selection.Range, ClassType:= _
    "MSGraph.Chart.8", LinkToFile:=False, DisplayAsIcon:=False
    End Sub
    </pre>

I then ran the macro and it gave me the same thing as Insert Chart. I don't know what all the parameters are in the statement but maybe that will help. If it does, then you can customize your toolbar to have a button for Macro1. I would view this as only a temporary band-aid kind of fix but it might be enough to get you going. If this doesn't help, then:
    -I'd suggest there may be some people on the Windows lounge that can help (after all, Insert Object is available from any program, not just MS Office)
    -I have no other ideas.

Fred

New Lounger
    Thanks

If you want to hear something really dumb on my part, I ran the Detect and Repair, and with the insertion of the Office Disk, and a restart, the program now runs perfectly. I should have thought of that earlier. Goes to show you....