Silver Lounger
    Thanks

mail to multiple

Hi again,

Many times, I find myself responding to someone and having to either:
    - hope others who have been active on the thread (particularly if they responded to me) see my email; or
    - respond to 1 selected person X in detail and tell others, by a short response, to see my response to person X

I know people can select to watch a thread. But I have no way of knowing if they are or not. What I'm looking for is a way of responding to a set of people with 1 response - kind of like directing email to a list of people. Each person would get their own email copy (if they get email) of my response but my response would only show once on the archive and in the thread.

Any chance of getting something like this?

TIA

Fred

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: mail to multiple

Something like an email 'Respond to all', where your response would be addressed to everyone who has posted to the thread, do you mean? If so, I agree - it would have been very useful on a number of occasions!
    Beryl M

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Replay to the last poster, change the Title to "Thanks to All Who Helped", or "Problem Solved" or whatever, say your thanks in the text, and everyone will notice.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Beryl,

Respond to All is the ultimate. But there are times that I want to make sure my response is seen by 3 people who have responded to me with particular ideas while there may have been 10 people who were active on the thread. For example, I need not include others on the thread that responded to others or those responding to me but just saying something like "I had that problem too". Respond to All would probably be easier to implement but I can see some people not preferring to get that kind of email. I think it should be up to the sender as to who is included.

Fred

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

The maximum number of recipients for a Private Message is 4. My inclination is to use JohnBF's strategy - together with PMs, if necessary. In any event most of the habitual posters appear to be pretty omnivorous.
    Gre

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Unless I'm missing John's suggestion, there seems to be an assumption that the only use for this is to say thanks to everyone who helped solve a problem. Not the case. Agree John's suggestion might work for the "thanks" case but what about the others?
    Fred

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Naturally, it depends where you are in the thread. You can use whatever heading you like!
    Gre