Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Rex 6000 And USB Cradle (Drivers 1.01 (Xircom))

I have a Rex 6000 PDA with a USB cradle (docking station) that I can't get working in XP. Not surprising, 'cause before I clean-installed XP on this machine, I ran the MS program that checks your system and it DID tell me the USB device wasn't supported. However, after reading some pearls in other boards, I decided to try. After several false starts, I did manage to get the drivers installed. I think they're really drivers for NT. The signal light on the cradle came on but when I plug in the PDA and try the configuration program, it says it isn't assigned a com port. After a few tries in device manager to "set" a port, I managed to crash XP, big time.

I've done a system restore back to the point before I started and everything is now uninstalled and back to normal. I'm just hard headed enough to believe it can be done. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate trying to salvage a great product. Danged shame that Xircom AND Intel have decided to abandon this product. THNX!

Al

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Rex 6000 And USB Cradle (Drivers 1.01 (Xircom)

I can't believe that there's no one out there trying to keep-alive his Rex 6000 PDA! Well, I finally got the sucker to work with Win XP Pro, thanks to the suggestions offered at this web site!

Al