2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printing to a file (Access 2002)

I would like to print a record to a file and then export it for somebody else to read, preferably formatted in its normal print view or form view rather than its data view. I can presumably send a viewer to the recipient if I get that far but at the moment I am stuck at the Print options. If I use File as my printer when I come to print out the record I am faced with a blank Output file dialogue boz and I have no idea what extension I should add to my named file to make it work. Can anybody help me with this process?
    Roger

Thanks

Re: Printing to a file (Access 2002)

If you create a report, you can send the report view to the other user in Snapshot format. Just export the report to a snapshot type. In access, when you create a snapshot file, snapshot should automatically install. Or you can download the snapshot viewer from the Microsoft Web Site.

If you have Adobe Acrobat Distiller, you could also print to a PDF file and sent the PDF for the person to review.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Didn't know about the Snapshot Viewer. Downloaded it and tried it out but it doesn't quite answer my question. It is just one page (or maybe two) of a very long report that I want to save separately and print or email out. How can I do this (easily)?

Roger

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Create a separate report that contains only the part you want to send out. Reports are dynamic objects, created as they are formatted/printed, and the whole thing goes to the snapshot file. If you want a snapshot of one page, create a one-page report.
    Charlotte