Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printing Pages (2000)

On our intranet we have some pages that are viewed wonderfully but that don't print well at all. Does anyone know of a way to force pagination at some point?

Thanks

Re: Printing Pages (2000)

Hmm I think we covered this question awhile back - loungers came up with some solutions. If your search failed to come up with answers in this board - try the HTML board, it might be there instead.

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Thanks

Re: Printing Pages (2000)

How much control do you have over your user's browsers and printers?
    You would need to ensure some consistency which may involve scripting - using IE for example you may need to set the printer margins and orientation etc. If the user has scripting turned off, you've got an immediate problem.

How about using Acrobat to create a .pdf for printing (and viewing?) - you could open the html file in Word and format it to exactly what you want, then print it to Acrobat. I think, by default, Acrobat is set to 'fit to page', so the printer attributes would not be an issue, but you would have been able to set your own page breaks and see exactly what the final output will be.

(I did a quick search in the FP and HTML forums as, like Catherine, I had a recollection of an identical issue, but only managed to find a similar, unanswered question.)