2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't Delete Task (Outlook 2000)

I have one task that I can't delete - get error message "Item can't be deleted. either moved or already deleted. access denied."

Any idea how I can rid of the darn thing.

Can't open detail box to change info, can't delete, can't move. It's only one record not all of them!

thanks!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't Delete Task (Outlook 2000)

We've seen this happen when PDA synchronization gets hosed. Do you sync. with a Palm or something? If the task is there you might be able to delete it from that end.

If not, it could be a corrupt form definition. You can find frmcache.dat and rename it. Then restart Outlook. It will create a new frmcache.dat file. See if that makes a difference.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

yes we are using a pda - visor. tried renaming frmcache and it didn't work. i can't sync tasks at all between the two because of this one task! I tried overwriting from PDA to pc and all the tasks were deleted but the corrupt one!

help!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

we're seeing that and believe it's related to our server's antivirus scanner. we either turn off the scanner or use outspy to delete the items when the user complains about having too many.