Thread: Compatibility

RWilken

Compatibility

I am trying to use a Maxtor firewire external drive. ME will not recognize it. Any suggestions?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Compatibility

I do NOT think that Maxtor has provided any drivers for Me or 2000.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

RWilken

Thanks Dave, but this unit is ME compatible according to Maxtor AND Microsoft. I am using the Maxtor 1394 card which also is chaked out on ME, I did my homework before I bought. Funny thing is, I can't find a conflict. I tried booting without each device, one at a time, to see if one of them caused the problem. Nope! The unit is supposed to be a plug and pral, I mean play. It literally is touted as something you plug in and ME will recognize it. So far everyone, even Tech support at Maxtor, is stumped. ANY ME USERS OUT THERE?[img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I have two Me machines but no Firewire. At out KEGS meeting a while back some one there was having firewire problems with Me.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

JCornelius

Hi. Did you enable Universal Plug & play?(Add/Remove Programs>Windows Setup>Communications>Details)
    I had a problem with an HP scanner when I swung over to ME and tried to reinstall the drivers, and I found out Universal Plug & Play covers a lot of areas and it worked for me in my situation when I enabled it.
    Just a thought-Good Luck!!