New Lounger
    Thanks

Lost functionality in printers (XP Pro 2002)

I have an old Panasonic dot matrix printer for check printing. Under Win 98 the generic MS printer driver for it had an option for custom size, with which I could set a 7 inch form length. With the XP drivers this is no longer available. Does no one at Microsoft ever have to print a check, or short invoice? Panasonic has not released new drivers for this printer since Win 95. I tried the compatible Epson drivers from XP, same story, no custom paper size available. Any clues on how to fix this, or find a driver that will let me print the pay checks for the fine folks who expect one each week?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lost functionality in printers (XP Pro 2002)

I have the same problem with Windows 2000 Pro and Epson printer (printing lables.)

It looks like big guys want to force us to buy new expensive color printers...

My solution - an old computer (P75 or 486) running Win95 dedicated for DOT matrix printer only.

Has anyone found a better solution??? Please!!!

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lost functionality in printers (XP Pro 2002)

I used to work at CompUSA and the tech shop paperwork was printed on Epson LQ dot matrix printers. The printers were controlled by a print server running NT. Perhaps the WinNT drivers might work and give you the functionality you had before.