Star Lounger
    Thanks

Read-Only (Windows XP Pro)

I copied a few folders to my C: drive from a CD-R backup. The attribute on the folders after the copy is set to Read-Only, as usual.

What's strange is that I can't seem to remove the Read-Only attribute from the folders on the C: drive. Also, there isn't the traditional check mark in the attribute box, but a sguare green fill. I go through the motions, select either "this folder only" OR " this folder and all sub-folders and files", click OK. When I return to look at the attribute property, the Read-Only again is green. I am the administrator for WinXP Pro.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Craig.

Thanks

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Read-Only (Windows XP Pro)

Hi Craig...
    I've been dealing with this same scenario just today. I don't know where you're changing the attributes from but I stumbled across the issue that they have to be changed from the right-side panel of Win Exp. If you change them from the left side it goes through the motions but it won't hold the new settings. If they're changed from the right side, the new settings stick. Tried it each way at least six times and it worked for me. Go figure.
    Regards,
    Bill

Thanks

Re: Read-Only (Windows XP Pro)

Just came across this (although I'm not certain it is applicable to XP, but...)

<A target="_blank" HREF="http://www.jsiinc.com/subg/tip3200/rh3212.htm">JSI Tip # 3212