Thanks

FP can't log on (2000/SR-0)

Our official web publishing PC ("webdev") has developed an odd problem. It can neither open nor publish to our site. The username and password box keeps reappearing; it's as though the information is just not getting through. Our ISP and I (from my PC) can open the web site from inside FP just fine.

Webdev recently was moved from an employee's desk to the IT area, and its computer name was changed. However, to my knowledge, nothing else on the system has changed. As far as I know, it was never upgraded to SR-1 of any Office component.

I "repaired" the FP installation on webdev through the control panel, and it did not improve the situation.

My next trick is to move a backup copy of the official web to my own PC so I can publish some sorely needed updates. Hopefully this will work. (Simple folder copying is not one of the top methods listed in FP2000: How to Move a Web to a Different Computer (Q264777), but it's in there.)

If anyone has any ideas about why a PC would lose the ability to be authenticated when opening or publishing a web, I'd love to have any suggestions.

Thanks

Re: FP can't log on (2000/SR-0)

Thanks

Re: FP can't log on (2000/SR-0)

Thanks, Leif, that was it (Anonymous Logon). I must have toyed with the IE security settings and forgotten about it. I did search the KB several different ways, honest; I must have used too many terms.

It's rather odd that FP prompts you for the login information but, taking a cue from IE, doesn't submit the information. Design flaw, if not a bug.

Hats off and thanks again for the quick solution.