New Lounger
    Thanks

instances of recurring calendar items (XP SR1)

When I have something to be done, I'll type it into the outlook calendar at the date/time it needs to be done. If it's something that needs to be repeated, perhaps on a monthly schedule, I use Recurrence... to schedule it.

Once I've done the thing the first time and dismissed its reminder, I can't find out how to find the date of the next instance. I also don't seem to be able to produce a list of the dates on which this thing is scheduled to happen (or for that matter, has already been done).

How can I get this information? This seems like such basic information that it's hard to believe there aren't instructions in help on getting it.

I'm putting these "things" into outlook as appointments but if some other kind of calendar item works better it shouldn't be hard to change.

Thanks

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: instances of recurring calendar items (XP SR1)

Personally, I tend to default my calendar to Month View - just for the kind of issues you are talking about. HTH
    Grüße

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: instances of recurring calendar items (XP SR1)

Thanks.

I suppose that means the reason I couldn't find out how to see the instances of an appointment was that Outlook doesn't have a way to do this.

Mike