Thread: Selecting Text

Bob W

Selecting Text

[img]/w3timages/icons/doh.gif[/img] I'm in Word. I want to select some text. It's more than one paragraph. I select the beginning paragraph. Using my mouse I scroll down to where I want stop. But that never happens . When I scroll down,it speeds up and I have fifty paragraphs instead of ten paragraphs. The same problem applies scrolling up; I need to slow down the rate the screen moves.

Thanks

Re: Selecting Text

Check this previous thread here - I am indebted to DG for his solution.

Thanks

[img]/w3timages/icons/tonguea.gif[/img]Word says: Gotcha! I'm faster than you are![img]/w3timages/icons/nuts.gif[/img]

It is a real problem and so far as I know there isn't a fix, just a way to work around it. Change how you select text.

Click at the beginning of your paragraph, as you are now. Drag to select some text and hold down the shift key. Then use the vertical scroll bar to find the end of the text you want to select and (with the shift key still depressed) click there.

You can also use the Extend [F8] key but I never do so I'm a poor advisor on it.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

Bob W

Thanks to all of you for the help. I should have gone back to day one to remember the F8 key. [img]/w3timages/icons/yikes.gif[/img]