New Lounger
    Thanks

Office 2000 & Office XP (XP)

There are four of us utilizing Access 2000 and Word 2000. Three of us have computers running Windows 2000 Professional. The fourth is a student running Windows 95 on an old but Office 2000 runs o.k.

We have a database stored on a Novell network drive which handles our job openings & applicant information which in turn completes letters and forms in Word. Each of us can and does do data entry in Access prior to using the merge. The Word letters are not saved but the forms are.

I have delayed updating to XP while we waited for permission to upgrade the student's computer. Now, given the status of state tax collections, I seriously doubt this will happen. Can Offfice 2000 co-exist with XP? Would we dare upgrade three and not the fourth?

Judy Dillard
    OHR, Wichita State University

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office 2000 & Office XP (XP)

There are some posts in this forum that Office XP SP1 is not fully compatible with Windows 2000, not mention Windows 95. Please make a note.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. But could we leave the Windows 95 machine with Office 2000 and update the other two with Windows XP and Office XP?

Judy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You should be able to, although we've seen some weirdness where stuff locks up a WinXP machine but runs OK on the others or vice versa. The OXP app versions are primarily different in the way they look and have a few new bells and whistles, but both versions are based on VBA 6, and even the icons look the same. You would have to be sure and use the Access 2000 format, but that's the default anyhow in AXP. I haven't seen any problems running OXP on Win2k machines, but maybe I've been lucky. Our two WinXP/OXP machines have given us a few fits, though.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks!

Judy