New Lounger
    Thanks

Attaching a Calendar Appointment in an E-Mail (2000 SR-1A)

When sending an attachment of an appointment from my Outlook calendar within an e-mail to an external party through our Exchange Server 5.5 (SP4), it is received as a .dat file. We are trying to be able to send a calendar item for import into Outlook 2000 on the external machine. I've tried sending the attachment as plain text, rich text, and HTML, all to no avail.

Interestingly, when the external machine sends an appointment attachment within an e-mail to the machine running off the Exchange Server, it arrives as a calendar appointment.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Attaching a Calendar Appointment in an E-Mail (2000 SR-1A)

Just to clarify -- how are you attaching your appointment to the email. Are you in the appointment and choosing Actions - Forward (which brings up the mail window and attachs the appointment?)?? How does it look on your side before you send -- does it appear to be a proper appointment attachment.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Attaching a Calendar Appointment in an E-Mail (2000 SR-1A)

It does appear as a calendar appointment on my side (before I send it). I've tried both mechanisms -- dragging the appointment from the calendar into an e-mail, and from the appointment trying to forward it. Neither approach results in an appointment being received once it passes through the Exchange Server.