Star Lounger
    Thanks

Print Problems Since Upgrade

Using Word 2002 and WordPerfect 8 I get really odd character spacing on documents that I previously have had no problem with before. This is not an upgrade of the WP version, just Windows and Office so I'm guessing the problem is a Windows one.

I already reinstalled the print drive (using an HP Laserjet 6P on this machine) but that didn't change anything. What happens it that there's extra spacing between some words and some are squished up together.

Any advise?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print Problems Since Upgrade

You stated that you upgraded, but not what you upgraded from. Were you previously using Windows 9x, and a different version of Office?

Also, does this problem only occur on the printed documents and no in the WYSIWYG interface that Word provides?

That aside, if you did go to Windows 2000 from Win9x, there are subtle differences in the print drivers that affect printed output, even in native Word documents. Try installing the LaserJet III driver. It's widely used as a "generic" HP driver - you will lose some of the advanced features that the printer specific driver provides, but if the documents come out looking good that's what matters.
    -Mark

Thanks

Re: Print Problems Since Upgrade

Are you using all TrueType fonts that are built in to the printer? There are several variables to play with for font downloading and substitution that could be culprits.