3 Star Lounger
    Columbus, Ohio

import a data file from a backed up Access databas (Office 2000 9.0.3821 S

I have a database that contains thousands of customer files. Recently, I had a customer data file become corrupt. Access wouldn't open and said that it needed to repair the database. I clicked "ok" and the program opened. However, the file that was corrupt was eliminated!! Fortunately, I had a backup of the database.
    Each customer's data information is contained in a table called "customer". This is a table where all the information that was lost is contained. the first column is the "auto number" field, and then it goes on from there.
    How do I copy that particular line from the backed up database and import it to the current one?

Gold Lounger
    Crystal Beach, FL, Florida, USA

Re: import a data file from a backed up Access databas (Office 2000 9.0.38

I'd say the easiest way would be to create a new table in your regular database linking to the customer table in the backup. Since you already have a table called Customer, Access will make it Customer1 (or something like that). You can then create an append query, using Customer1 as the source and Customer as the destination. You can add a selection criteria on CustomerID in Customer1, so you can specify exactly which record you want.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.