5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Rule doesn't work on html (O2K SP2)

I have a rule set up, "Kill by body or subject" that is set to delete messages that match text in either the subject or body... but the rule does not seem to work at all if the received message is in HTML. The rule is supposed to identify and kill "work from home" messages but the message with the following line got through:
    <hr>Let {a href="http://SpammerAddress"}{b}Work From Home{/b}{/a} help you.....<hr>
    Are the rules case sensitive? Do the rules read through the source code or just "plain" text? (Some spam that I have been receiving lately have contained nothing but html links to images that make up the final message.)

Thanks

Re: Rule doesn't work on html (O2K SP2)

I tested in my Inbox, and the lower case "topics" picked up this: <h4>TOPICS in a Run Now... scan. I had already viewed the message to set up the test; perhaps if you have not viewed an HTML message, the Outlook/IE integration is not initialized and the rule silently fails?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Rule doesn't work on html (O2K SP2)

Some of my rules do work, but this 'kill by subject or body' rule just doesn't seem to be working well at all. I've opened the spam and then re-run the rule, yet no results. Even the daily archive that contained my post should have been zapped, since it did contain the unwanted text in the message body. I just changed my other rule that used body content for criteria, so perhaps I'll be able to see a little better what is or is not working.