4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

open report with combo box (Access 2000)

I have a combo box calkled FindIt with differcnt customers.What i want is to select a customer in the
    combo box FindIt, and then open the report for the sales of this customer.To my regret i do indeed open the report,
    but then only the first sales are shown for this customer.If i do not use the combo box, but put the customer number in the underlying

query of the report, then i open the report with all the sales of this customer.But not when i use the combo box.
    Obviously the code i use for opening the report is worng.It is the following:

DoCmd.OpenReport ReportName:="rptInvoicesPerCustomer", _
    View:=acPreview, WhereCondition:="CustomerID = " & Forms!frmF1![FindIt]
    Can somebody tell me why i do not see all the sales when i open the report through the combo box and why i see all the sales if i put the

number of the customer in the underlying query?
    Can somebody correct my code so that i open the report correctly?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: open report with combo box (Access 2000)

I'm not sure what your report is based on, but I do it a bit differently ...
    My command button has code which merely opens the report, but my report is based on a query that has the combo box value as criteria.
    Have you tried basing rptInvoicesperCustomer on a query that uses [Forms]![frmF1]![FindIt] as the criteria for the CustomerID? As long as frmF1 is open, this should work.
    HTH

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: open report with combo box (Access 2000)

If this code is running in the AfterUpdate event of the combobox, change Forms!frmF1![FindIt] to Me![Findit] and see if that makes a difference. I'm assuming here that the CustomerID is the bound column in your combobox, right? Otherwise, you'll need to reference the column of the combobox you want to match.
    Charlotte