New Lounger
    Thanks

add / remove programs HELP

I have been using an online game called legend of mir, for various reasons its crashed and the best way to recover it is to remove it completely and re-install. The program consists of a main program and two patches. I have removed the main program and one patch using a combination of Norton Clean sweep and add/ remove programs, but one patch remains. It is shown in the add/ remove programs window, and when i click on remove it trys to re-install itself. I can't find it on the system using find or explorer, can someone suggest a way to remove this please. I have tried a global unhide all files with no success

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: add / remove programs HELP

You can remove items from the Add/Remove list using TweakUI (<A target="_blank" HREF="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q190643">How to Install and Uninstall the TweakUI Tool in Windows 98 (Q190643)
    </A>) or X-Setup. Before you go to the trouble of doing that though, do you need to uninstall the patch if the game itself has been removed? Re-installing it should overwrite the patch's files that were installed.

If you need/want to dump it, I'd remove the directory where the game is installed. If it's a well behaved program (more precisely, a well behaved installation process), it should be living somewhere in Program Files. Most programs also include the uninstaller in the same directory (something like UNINST.EXE or UNWISE.EXE).
    -Mark

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: add / remove programs HELP

"The program consists of a main program and two patches"

One should remove the patches and program in the reverse order that they were installed, this should allow all of them to be removed.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.