2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Simple Combobox questions (VBA)

How do I code to combo box to which row is selected by the user?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Simple Combobox questions (VBA)

Yes, that is a simple combobox question, if you define simple as short. However, it is not simple for us because we need to know such things as: what program (Access, Excel...), in what (form, UserForm, document), and what do you want to do with it? Thanks! --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It is for a form in excel, the combo box lists the data in column A (which is a date), I want to choose a enter and enter information into other textboxs in that row. Hope this helps, I'm new to VBA

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Comboboxes mess up dates when one is selected, so this is not a simple question, but I'll try to post an example in a later post. Meanwhile, here are two simpler alternatives:
    (1) Keep the data in Access where designing forms is simple
    (2) Use Excel's data forms, try the Data | Form menu (attached workbook shows how to automatically startup the Data Form)

HTH --Sam
    Attached Files Attached Files
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Attached is a sample worksheet and userform which is hopefully similar to what you want. I got around the date format problem by adding each data manually via AddIten instead of using the RowSource property. I used the control source property for the textboxes to show the format problem: no dollar formatting in TextBox3. Again you can get around it manually with a change event for each TextBox, but that's too much work. Access is the way to go for forms. HTH --Sam
    Attached Files Attached Files

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Note, on both of the above attachments, it is better to save the file and open it in Excel. At least for IE6 that I am using, you only see the form, not the worksheet. --Sam