New Lounger
    Thanks

Reply and Forwards don

Being an refugee from MSN I have little confidence in ISPs. When I finally moved to ATT Broadband (cable) I decided to keep a second ISP (not MSN) as a dialup backup and have my email sent there instead of the email address at ATT. This way I have access when the cable is down.

I set up the ATT account as the default email account and the dialup as a second account to pick up incoming email and to be used (for outbound) only if the broad band (network connection) is unavailable. All new original email goes out on the ATT default account as you would expect.

I have other issues (the availability contingency does not work) but the strange thing is that when I Reply or Forward email Outlook 2000 (SP-1 IMO) picks up the dialup address and sends it on the dialup account. In other words, Outlook ignores the default account setting when Replying and Forwarding.

Anybody seen this?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Reply and Forwards don

"Replying and Forwarding" will always go from the received account. It will use the default ISP as the sending agent, but the account will be the receiving account. I have never seen it any other way with any email program.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks

I don't use Internet Mode, but I believe that there is a drop-down on the Send button that allows you to choose any outgoing account you like. Whether you can code around the default so that it always uses one particular account I don't know.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the responses. Based on what was said I guess it is a standard industry convention to have Reply and Forward mail be returned out on the account on which it was received.

That means the folks to whom I Reply of Forward are going see this strange little holding account (the dialup