President

Windows 2000 and Mapped Drives show as disconnecte

Hi All,

I have a few PC (running Win2000)which are running on a Cat5 NT4.0 Domain.

The PCs are usually showing that drives are disconnected. You can use them still and double click and you can access them with out any time delay, it's just [censored] annoying.

I have a bit of a look in Technet and found an atricle about autodisconnect, it suggested to change a key in the registry

My ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetS erviceslanmanserverparameters.

And change the REG_WORD value Autodisconnect to 1000000 (f4240 - Hex). But this hasn't helped.

Anyone else come across this...

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows 2000 and Mapped Drives show as disconnecte

I see the same thing in all of my 2k systems - the drives do not show as connected but I believe that they are, since my experience is the same as yours - no time lag in connecting.

I know from previous voyages into this section of the registry that it can make a difference if the value is in lanmanserver or lanmanworkstation. Have you tried adding this value to lanmanworkstation? I have just added it to a test machine but have not rebooted it yet due to a scheduled task that needs to complete...if it works, I will post that here.
    -Mark

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows 2000 and Mapped Drives show as disconnecte

The reg hack that worked for me was changing the value to ffffffff (8 f's, hexadecimal base)