New Lounger
    Thanks

Office XP Power Point - saved in HTM format (Office XP)

When I create a Power Point presentation in Office XP and save it as htm format, it does not display properly on Windows 9X machines. My Windows 2000 machine attempted to install a needed component and after this was installed - my project worked fine. Any suggestions. I cannot find what installed to make this work on universal machines. Web version is nice for those who do not have power point on their computers. Thanks.

Thanks

Re: Office XP Power Point - saved in HTM format (Office XP)

Thanks

Are you using an Office Web Component or is it pure HTML?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi, I used Power Point to create a web page in its entirety. No trouble wih same format in Power Point 2000. It is possible that I am using an office web component - I do not know. I can build web pages by hand, however, with the wonderful ease of saving a complex presentation to a web page it can not be beat for visual effects. I will see what I can find.

Thanks.

Thanks

If you skim through (or use Find in) the source code for the generated page, you may find an <OBJECT tag that refers to a codebase in msowc.cab or otherwise indicates that it is an office web component. If so, then users who disable ActiveX or who do not have the web components will not be able to view the presentation.

Not all editions of Office 2000 came with OWCs. See Post #112168 for more information on that.

Last but not least, I just read that the components have a different CLASSID in Office XP than they did in Office 2000, so there also is a cross-platform issue in using OWCs. (XP does include the earlier ones, so presumably there is a way to author to the earlier components if you want.)