Thread: Explorer

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Explorer

With Windows 2000, I get inconsistent results when I launch Explorer with WindowsKey-E. Sometimes I get the traditional view of Explorer, and other times QuickFinder launches. This looks a little like Explorer, and provides access to Favorites, etc., but it's usually not what I want. Is there any way to ensure that I always get the full Explorer? Thanks, Richard Barrett

Thanks

Re: Explorer

Are you holding down the Windows key when you press "E", or are pressing the Windows key, releasing it, then pressing "E"?
    Is QuickFinder in your Start menu - if so, what is it labelled as?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Explorer

I'm holding the Windows key while I press E. I do see what you're driving it.... I don't have QuickFinder on my Start menu, and there's nothing there that begins with E that could be starting as the result of pressing the Windows key, releasing, and then pressing E. As I mentioned, this is really hit or miss, and it happens on three PCs which I have. I can't find anything that's consistent with one result or the other. I thought perhaps it might have something to do with what other programs or open or that sort of thing. Each PC has several users set up on it, and the inconsistency is present regardless of which user I'm logged in as. (I use a separate login for each of my clients.)