Results 1 to 2 of 2
2002-03-18, 19:03 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2001
- Kennesaw, Georgia, USA
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Permission to import a PST file (2000/XP)
OK, Here is the senario:
1. From a windows 98 system running Outlook 2000, I exported a mailbox to a .pst file to the local hard drive.
2. I removed the hard drive and placed it in a second computer also running win98.
3. Using the second computer which had a CD recorder, I burned a copy of the exported .pst file to CDROM.
4. I replaced the hard drive in the first computer a performed a CLEAN install of Win2000 and Office XP
5. Using the newly installed OS and OurlookXP, I try to IMPORT the .pst file from CDROM.
PROBLEM: I receive a message that I do not have permission to import the file.
I am logged onto Win2000 with admin account.
2002-03-18, 19:52 #2
Re: Permission to import a PST file (2000/XP)
The .pst file is probably read-only if you have taken a copy from a CD.
Right_click > Properties with Explorer to change it.Leif
On UK time