2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

User designed reply forms

I'm using Outlook 2000 under NT4SR1.
    I've designed an Outlook form (based on Message of course), and altered the Reply to send another user-designed form (based on Reply). All works as expected, but there's just two minor niggles. Firstly, when I send my reply (via a custom button, and I've deactivated the standard Reply button), the original message does not automatically close as it does for a standard Message form. Secondly, the little icon denoting an Opened Message does not show the tiny arrow denoting that a reply has been sent, as it does for a standard Reply sent from a standard Message.
    Is it possible to both automatically close the original message and show the Reply arrow on the icon? Or even one and not the other?
    TIA for any help here. They're my first attempts at form design and I'm pleased with them, but for these tiny niggles!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: User designed reply forms

you need to close the first with script.

i don't think you can control the icon custom forms.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi MJ!

Thanks for that advice. I was going to ask you how to do the scripting, but I had a look at it first and seem to have found the right thing (I placed a 'Close' command in the 'Reply' event handler for the form - it seems to work ok). Would this be what you had in mind? Thanks again.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

yes. i had to look it up, it's been awhile since i had to do that. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]