New Lounger
    Thanks

blank lines at the top of a page

Could someone please help me with this problem:
    I have a document that is updated occasionally and it's printed appearance is critical. For visual effect I have two line spaces between sections.

What happens quite often is that the blank lines appear at the top of the page and so I have too much white space at the top. Since the document is subject to change, I cannot just delete the blank lines at the top since the next edit may change the positioning.

Is there any way I can permanently format this document so that the first line at the top of a page is always a printed line?

TIA

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: blank lines at the top of a page

Hi,

This should be possible to do.
    When you say "two line spaces between sections", I'm guessing you're speaking of sections of text, rather than "Sections" (i.e separated by a section break) as they're defined in Word.

Rather than inserting two line spaces (empty paragraphs) between sections of text, just go to the last paragraph in a given section of text, then go to Format>Paragraph, and set the Spacing After to something like 12 or 18.

This should set off the space between sections of text, while still allowing the start of the next section of text to come up to the top of a page, if it starts at the top of a page.

Hope this helps (hope I'm understanding your question!)
    Gary

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: blank lines at the top of a page

That did the trick. Thank you very much.