3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office 97 Printing in Windows XP (Office 97)

I'm going to restate my PRINTING problem with Office 97 in Windows XP to reflect some new realizations of the problem.

In the earlier post I stated that the printing from Excel 97 and Word 97 were affecting my FILE OPEN and FILE SAVE AS windows, significantly slowing down the search for the file list. This is correct.

However, that is not the only place effected. ALL OTHER ACTIVITY on the computer takes a back seat to the printing process in Excel and Word. It's as though all the cpu power must be directed towards the Office program print and none is available for other multi tasking purposes. This is a P4 2.2ghz system.

I can find no place in Word 97 or Excel 97 to make setting adjustments other than TOOLS, OPTIONS, PRINT, BACKGROUND PRINT on or off in Word. Setting this on or off had no effect.

Am I going to have to bite the bullet and buy Office XP?

BH Davis

Thanks

Re: Office 97 Printing in Windows XP (Office 97)

What are your printer settings? I've never had problems with settings typical of below...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif x.gif (6.0 KB, 0 views)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office 97 Printing in Windows XP (Office 97)

Leif,

Thanks for taking the time to post the reply. I was just experimenting with my printer settings a few minutes ago. The screen shot you uploaded is exactly what my settings are.

I should have mentioned I do not have problems in any other programs....just Office 97.

BH Davis