2 Star Lounger
    North Carolina USA in winter, Maine in summer
    Thanks

Printing envelopes (2002 (XP))

Before I transitioned to Office XP Pro I was using Office 97 and was quite satisfied. I was able to use an older driver, ver. 8.2-820, for my HP 820Cse printer rather than the later ver. 8.5 which I did not like, especially for printing envelopes. Now I can apparently use ONLY ver. 8.5. I think the aesthetic appearance of an envelope printed with this driver is, in a word (no pun intended!), lousy. The return address must be 0.875" min. from the top left edge whereas before it could be 0.25" from the left. At any rate, I have tried to change to the old driver but have had no success. It appears that XP will not recognize the older driver at all. Can anyone give me a workaround or any suggestions to improve the appearance of my envelopes?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Thanks

Re: Printing envelopes (2002 (XP))

If you are placing the envelope in the document, try changing the Envelope Return style to push the text up into the margin by using a Frame. I don't know if this would do anything when printing directly from the Envelopes dialog.

Go to: Format|Style...|Envelope Return style|Modify... button|Format dropdown|Frame...

Try these settings (from Word 2000, yours might differ):
    Attached Images Attached Images

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printing envelopes (2002 (XP))

I went to the 2000 driver instead of the XP one. It works better. I have HP 970cxi but the 2000 driver might work for you on your model. I had problems with the XP driver. You can't use below 2000 for any drivers that I know of. Theplatform is too different.
    I use an envelope file rather than the envelope with the word.doc itself.