Lounger
    Thanks

Merge Calendar Appointments to Word (Outlook & Word 2000)

Is it possible to merge appointment information (start/end meeting time, meeting location, subject, comments, etc.) from Outlook 2000 Calendar into Word?

If yes, how is that done?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Merge Calendar Appointments to Word (Outlook & Word 2000)

i'm not sure if there's a better approach, but you could export your calendar items into an Excel spreadsheet which you could, in turn, use as a data file for a Word merge. i think this would give you a relatively easy approach for creating a simple text list of your appointments. unfortunately, i can't readily think of an easy approach for creating a calendar-format in Word if that's what you're trying to accomplish.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the idea. I didn't know you could export calendar data into Excel. Am assuming a wizard will walk me through that process. In the meantime I read about a Word template on another newsgroup and d/'ed that. It pulls in ALL your calendar info for the specified month into a calendar format in Word. At least that would allow you to give an edited hard copy out. Unfortunately what the customer wants to do is a letter which would pull the data out of calendar. Hmmm. Have to play around with that exporting to Excel. That might indeed do the trick with a little filtering. Thanks again.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

can you direct me to Word template that you found? (and could you also reference/credit the board's URL)? thanks.

(and, yes, a wizard does help you export. simply select File | Export and being with the option "Export to a file"; I believe that all the frequently used fields in the calendar will automatically be included in your export file.)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

There are two calendar templates that you can download from Slipstick. You might like one of them.

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm
    egghead

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. I had already downloaded one of them, but now I've got both. They were definately slick!!!